SPECIALIST SURFACES FINISHED TO THE HIGHEST STANDARDS
We offer a comprehensive range of finishes including coloured and specialist surface dressings – using a wide choice of aggregates to deliver the required finish – along with polymer-modified emulsions. Compared with standard K170 binder emulsions, PMEs enhance performance and are particularly suitable for high-stress sections of road, such as tight corners where ground water may be present.
GEOSYNTHETIC INTERLAYER – PAVEMENTS DESIGNED TO LAST
The life of surface dressing can be enhanced still further using a non-woven geosynthetic interlayer which is laid on the road surface ahead of the surface dressing process, forming a retention and regulating layer for the bitumen and allowing embedment of the chip with good adhesion.
Tests have shown that the life of the treatment can be extended by 2-3 times due to the Stress Absorbing Membrane Interlayer (SAMI) which intercepts a reflective crack as it passes up through the lower layers preventing it propagating up to the surface. These cracks would otherwise allow water ingress and rapid deterioration of the surface.
- Increases the potential area for surface dressing repair – avoiding costly asphalt inlays
- Suppression of reflective cracks (SAMI effect)
- Extends life of system – saving costs on road possessions
- Prevents moisture and oxygen penetration – avoids freeze-thaw and oxidation of the lower layers
- Prevents bitumen spread or bleeding
- Installation is in line with surface dressing operation – no delays
- Low tack coat consumption, high adhesion, regulating effect – minimise cost of bitumen
- Adheres strongly to jointed concrete surfaces
- Chemically resistant to alkalis in cement
- Stable at high temperature – survives installation
Our experienced technical team are able to carry out site inspections and will be able to advise you further on Geosynthetic Interlayers.